- Some Non-Pro Switch controllers do not seem to work 100% of the time. Closing and restarting RetroSpy will usually get them connected if you encounter a problem.
- The ‘Y’ button must be held down when powering on, or connecting, an 8BitDo SN30 Pro USB (not the Pro+) in order for it to be recognized by the Switch.
Step 0: Enable Pro Controller Wired Communication
This is only necessary if using a Wireless Pro controller plugged in via USB. If you are using a standard wired controller, like a Pokken Tournament controller, this is not necessary. If necessary, follow these steps:
- Select System form the main menu.
- Select Controllers and Sensors from the sidebar.
- Select Pro Controller Wired Communication.
Step 1: Download the latest RetroSpy
Download and install the latest release of RetroSpy.
Step 2: Start RetroSpy
Step 3: Connect to your board
Nintendo Switchfrom the dropdown box.
- Enter your board’s IP in the
- Wait a second for everything to connect. This can take 15-20 seconds.