- You must have a true wired controller. A wireless controller connected with a Play & Charge cable will not work.
- Currently the connection sequence to the Xbox 360 is buggy. In order for it to work correctly you have to start everything in the right order and at the right time. This is detailed in Step 3 below.
Step 1: Download the latest RetroSpy
Download and install the latest release of RetroSpy.
Step 2: Start RetroSpy
Step 3: Connect to your board
Xbox 360from the dropdown box.
- Enter your board’s IP in the
- Make sure your board and Xbox 360 are both off. Just pull the small USB plug from the board to shut it down.
- Turn on your board by plugging in the small USB plug.
- Wait for the ring light on the controller to indicate a controller number (one quarter of the circle is green). If you don’t have a ring light on your controller, you can probably just wait a minute or so.
- As soon as the RetroSpy viewer window appears hit power on the Xbox 360 console.
- If you get to the dashboard and the controller isn’t working, you have to try again. This process has a 90% success rate. This is obviously something I am working on.
- If the controller works and you are seeing input in RetroSpy, success!